The Clarifying Next

A tranquil region of space that brimmed with varied galactic worlds that boasted successful governments and thriving economies. While less famous than core worlds, the majority of the Mid Rim worlds are quite civilized. Notable planets include Naboo, Malastare, Bothawui, Kashyyyk, Ruusan, Ringo Vinda, and Ord Mantell.
Aes Sedai

The Clarifying Next

Post by Aes Sedai »

It seemed like things had gone haywire a few times lately, and it left Skysar Osendar feeling like she needed a break from it all. About a month after her last run-in with Dromand Trac, she made her way to Kashyyyk. She landed her ship at her usual port, getting off and finding a friend she could trust to keep an eye on her ship for her. That friend happened to be one of the Wookies she had interacted with in the past, and one who knew Dromand as well. She left him with the information on how to find her if need be, but also strict instructions not to, before she made her way out.

She had only a pack with her as she started her hike away from what Kashyyyk would consider a bustling city, finding a small lake in the middle of nowhere for her camp. There was a cave nearby in case she needed it, but she set up a small lean-to style tent for herself at the base of one of the great trees and laid out her bedroll underneath it. She set up a small fire in a space she cleared with a shovel, marking it off with stones before sitting near it. Her cloak she left in her small tent, and she took the time to wash off her warpaint. She sat by the fire in quiet serenity of nature to undo her braids and simply relax.

Here she felt the Force the strongest, though she refused to use or manipulate it as she wanted a real experience of being on her own and outdoors. She loved to enjoy nature in this way, alone.

TyDie

Re: The Clarifying Next

Post by TyDie »

It had been shortly after he dismissed Alex to go and take care of herself, to go and find a way to control The Force and find her way forward, that Dromand had decided to come and see his allies on Kashyyyk. Much as she needed to cool down and figure herself out, he needed to decompress and step away from the Bounty hunting life for a while. So he hitched a ride off of Concordia with Vrec and his crew, told them to drop him off on Kashyyyk, and he'd hail them or some other passing Mando when he wanted to return. All he brought with him was a backpack full of survival gear and a duffelbag full of Tihaar. His 'Clarity Retreat' he called it, and he'd only done so two other times since he earned his freedom. Once on Endor, and once on Kashyyyk.

He decided to come back to Kashyyyk so that he might speak to his wookie pals, grant them a gift of a bottle of Tihaar, and head out for the wilderness. But to his surprise, they made clear there was another hunter planetside right now who had made the same request of privacy, though he didn't know their language well enough to figure out who. Still, he figured he'd at least head in the same direction denoted by the Wookies and figure it out. After all, if he were going to share this planet with another roamer, he'd want to know where to avoid going... which meant going there at least once. And as he made his way towards the small lake, he had to shake his head and blink a few times as he saw the familiar white haired woman that he had recently helped get off of death's door after accidentally putting her there... Bounty hunting was tricky business after all. A runaway quarry had stabbed her in the gut, and his way of making it up to her was the Twi'lek bitch's head.

"Heh... This galaxy just ain't big enough, is it Sky? What the hell brings you out here?" Dromand called out to his friend once he was close enough that she would no doubt sense his presence in some way or another.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=92 - Dromand Trac

Aes Sedai

Post by Aes Sedai »

As Skysar relaxed in front of the fire, she had gone so far as the slip her shirt over her head and discard it beside herself on the grass. She was alone after all, and the feel of the fresh air against her skin immediately raised goosebumps and left her feeling refreshed. Even the warmth of the fire felt more natural against her skin than against her warming clothes. She wasn't expecting to hear a voice behind her, much less the source of that voice. She shook her head a moment, her hair dancing back and forth across her shoulders, before picking up her shirt from beside her and standing. She pulled it on over her head, freeing her hair form it once it was donned once more, before finally turning around to see Dromand.

"I come out here sometimes just to relax." she replied, sighing as she took a few steps towards him. "After what happened last time I saw you, it seemed like I needed some time away." she couldn't help a bit of a smirk as she looked at the Mandalorian before her, a light blush coming to her cheeks as she spoke. She still remembered what they had talked about, that she had kissed him.

And she still told herself how bad of an idea that was. "What about you?"

TyDie

Post by TyDie »

Dromand was admittedly stunned by Skysar's lack of dress, though in truth he wasn't too shocked by it. She didn't seem the type to be overly concerned with modesty, or rather, nudity didn't seem to be much of a bother for her. Not to mention, he too had forgone his clothes in the wilds while he relaxed, and even when he hunted from time to time. It felt more... primal that way, which was exactly the way he liked it while he went on these long term retreats. Sky might even notice that Dromand's lightsaber wasn't dangling from his jump pack like usual; it was still with him of course, but the only weapon she'd see on his person was a simple steel knife strapped to his right thigh. Not even a vibroblade for a hunting weapon, he preferred the oldest and most archaic methods.

As she slipped on a shirt and turn to face him, he smiled under his helmet before responding to her question. "Same as you, believe it or not. Got into a bit of a situation with Alex, decided I needed a break from everything. I remembered Kashyyyk being nice around this time, figured braving the wilds of the wookie homeworld would help me screw my head on right. That, or the dozen or so bottles of Tihaar I brought with me." Dromand chuckled as he set down the duffelbag, a loud clattering heard from within the bag making clear that it was, indeed, filled with bottles of Tihaar. "But hey, don't let me keep you from relaxing out here. You came out here to be alone after all, it'd be rude of me to impose... Unless you don't want me to leave, that is." Dromand smirked under his helmet as he finished his sentence, knowing full well that she'd be tempted to say yes. But either way, he'd respect whatever decision she made... He just hoped he was right with his bait.

Aes Sedai

Post by Aes Sedai »

Sky shook her head as Dromand spoke of getting into it with his companion. She knew the connection between the two was strong, though she didn't really understand what that connection was either. She could only imagine how rough things got when he mentioned 'getting into it'. She stepped closer to Dromand as he continued to explain, and made his offer. She paused as she stood a mere inches from him, shifting to reach out and touch the knife he carried before chuckling. "So low-tech, and still covered in all that armor and carrying a jetpack." she remarked, looking up at him a moment. "You're welcome to stay, but you'll have to ditch the armor if you do." She motioned to her lean-to under the tree. "You can put it there... the point of coming out here is to be low-tech, to set aside dependencies on our usual weapons, armor and the like. Wearing all that armor kinda defeats the purpose ya think? Besides, out here the only person who will see your face is me anyway."

As she spoke she turned away and started walking back towards the fire. "So it's up to you really, if you think you can set all that aside and really enjoy the wilds... but if you're gonna go you should at least stay for a bite. I have a stew over here." Her back was to him, but the woman was smirking slightly as she went to the campfire and sat down, knowing full well what was really going to convince him to stay.

'Flirting? Really, Sky? You know this is all a bad idea and you're still doing it.' she thought, arguing with herself for a moment.

TyDie

Post by TyDie »

Dromand let out a small stifle of a laugh as Sky commented on the armor he wore, and the weapon he carried. His left hand slowly moved towards the bag he carried, the one full of clattering bottles of Tihaar. "Saber's still in there. But more importantly, the armor is a... religious thing. Thought you understood that by now, I don't adhere entirely to the old ways but I do still try to maintain face outside of Concordia." His explanation seemed good enough, though the woman's response to his offer left him with a sour expression underneath that helmet of his. It had been an incredibly long time since Dromand was without *any* of his armor; his helmet was on and off from time to time, but the armor was on most of the time at this point.

But watching her walk back to the fire, her hips swinging as she made mention of food, his stomach growled and his eyes focused on certain parts of her body... Two ways to a man's heart, all in one. "Let me think about it over some stew. Fair?" Dromand smirked under his helmet as he moved over to the fire alongside Sky, taking a seat on the ground as he gently set down the bag with a soft clatter. "So... low tech huh? How low tech are you going hm? And... does that include your magic hand waving shenanigans too?" He knew full well what The Force was at this point, but a part of him still liked to mock it when he had the chance to do so. The man sat eagerly awaiting his serving, or lack thereof, based on Sky's fancy.

Aes Sedai

Post by Aes Sedai »

Skysar chuckled a bit at Dromand's hesitancy to put aside his armor. "My lightsaber is a part of my religion and yet I don't use it out here. I set it aside. Close enough to use in emergency, but not on me. Which is exactly what I've offered for you to do with your armor." she explained as she served up a couple of bowls of her stew as she glanced over at Dromand before taking a bowl over to him. "But sure, you can think it over while you eat." she added, rolling her eyes a bit.

She sighed and went back to her spot to sit at the fire, picking up her own bowl of stew with her legs tucked up under her as she first carefully sipped at the broth. He asked about her use of the Force out here and the woman rolled her eyes again. "At most I meditate on it. Taking time to get in touch with nature like this is honestly great for getting in Touch with the Force, but no I avoid actively using it out here. Honing skills in the Force is more than using it. It's far more." But a wicked smile suddenly came to her lips that she tried to hide behind her bowl as she looked over it at Dromand. "Why? Trying to learn about it?"