Here kitty, kitty, kitty...

A large expanse region, the Outer Rim Territories are lawless, ruled by criminal organizations and/or the Hutts. Notable worlds include Arkanis, Mon Cala, Kessel, Ryloth, Eriadu, Sullust, Geonosis, Mustafar, Crait, Nal Hutta, Cantonica, Hoth, Lothal, Dagobah, Endor, Nar Shaddaa, Florrum, Yavin 4, Saleucami, Scarif, Felucia, Dathomir, and Tatooine. Beyond the Outer Rim is rather unknown, and probably for the best.
Aes Sedai

Re: Here kitty, kitty, kitty...

Post by Aes Sedai »

Alex seemed to muse for a moment as Akhoi spoke on what he had planned to do. She nodded slowly, but also seemed to frown. "Threats of violence at betrayal and making good on it is a plus. But as you make promises of rewards for loyalty, you need to be able to make good on that too. Otherwise you'll eventually run into the problem of word getting around that the only promises you fulfill are threats, and less and less will pledge themselves at all." she tilted her head slightly before looking at Akhoi. "Without wealth you'll have to think of something else. Perhaps protection? Orphans roam the galaxy with no direction. I've been planning to pick up those strong enough to join Clan Bull..."

She turned her head and looked at Akhoi a moment, almost hesitantly. "But I'm an exception among Mandalorians. Force Sensitives are not trusted, and incredibly uncommon in our circles. I'm literally an exception to the norm there... perhaps if I encounter any force sensitives I could bring them to the Temple. The Jedi have their academy, the Sith will need acolytes too."

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi »

The Sith contemplated suitable rewards, he had anticipated building up wealth, resorting to piracy and raids as necessary to keep them well supplied and content. As their reputation grew clients would pay them and he would be sure his men got their fair share though certainly there would always be others that could offer them more to join a better-established faction or an influential warlord or crime boss. She had a point. He would have to work other angles beyond physical wealth to really incentivize his crew to follow him. “Hmm, you may have a point” he considered, he didn’t want to admit it but he was impressed by her insight. She seemed young and so was he but perhaps she had more depth of life experiences to draw on. His culture and upbringing were rather simple, the strong led the weak and those that lacked skill, intelligence, or physical might always fell in line and followed, seeking to prove themselves any way they could to survive. Perhaps humans outside of Dathomir had a more complicated culture than Zabraks, he had only ever seen them as a means of physical pleasure and for breeding. “You’re smart…for a human” he admitted lowly, crossing a leg over the other casually as he continued to lean back and tap his fingers lightly.

He nearly choked on his laughter when she suggested gathering orphans. “Can’t stand kids, useless little bastards” he grumbled. He couldn’t imagine having the patience to raise or train anyone under the age of 15 or 16. Akhoi had matured young as a result of his Chiss blood reaching adult stature by the time he was 12, he had never had much chance to be a kid or have any friends and he considered himself fortunate for that. What he did remember of being a child was just weakness, being singled out for his oddities, getting in fights and learning to stand up for himself until eventually, their numbers meant little and they all grew to fear him. “People will always fear what they don’t understand” he said simply, it had been much the same for him. Iridonia was a heavily populated planet for having such few habitable zones, as a child he lived in a densely packed underground colony, being differently colored from nearly everyone else and showing signs of force sensitivity he knew exactly how it felt to be treated differently and one could surmise it was the same for most who showed such talents. “Suppose the temple is a good a place as any for force-sensitive orphans… won't catch any on my ship though” he insisted. There was no question the Sith order would need to train young acolytes, it was something he knew was only a matter of time, but he hoped teaching them would fall to Telo. The last thing he wanted was to be a teacher or babysitter to a bunch of emotional little brats. He had enough children of his own that he never bothered to meet or keep track of. With a brief snort and chuckle, he realized it was likely one of these days that his own Dathomirian kids would become Sith acolytes, the males at least. The females were bred specifically for the Night sister’s cult, though in time they too could learn the ways of the Sith he supposed.

Aes Sedai

Post by Aes Sedai »

Alex snorted as well when Akhoi laughed, shaking her head both at his words and his laughter. "Who knew a bastard like you could actually laugh?" she teased, smirking at him before turning her attention back to her controls. She looked over a few dials and paused at a small screen between her hands as she listened to the rest of what the Zabrak had to say. "Orphans aren't always children you know." she remarked, not looking up as she reached over and put a hand on the lightspeed lever. For a moment her hand simply hovered over it. "I'm one after all." she added before grasping the lever and pulling down hard on it.

The ship dropped out of hyperspace with a lurch and Alex returned to active controls as they neared the forest planet Cholganna. "Most people always think of orphans when they're young, they never think of the misguided ones that slip through the cracks. They often fall to drugs, gangs, and other kinds of violence. Get them around my age and they'll be dying for a new experience, sometimes literally. If they're force sensitive then all the better, spending so much of their life confused, lost, not understanding themselves... it's perfect." She added, glancing at Akhoi. "For your purposes anyway." she added before returning to controls.

She brought them into the atmosphere slowly, breaking into the atmosphere and soon finding themselves slipping quickly over the tops of trees where mists clung to the foliage. It would take Alex awhile to find a clearly large enough to land her ship, but eventually she found it, landing carefully.

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi »

Akhoi’s laughter diminished to a low chortle, “Don’t get used to it” he scoffed gruffly, though he found himself smiling contently beneath the metal mask. He hated to think that he was actually starting to get along with the woman and even consider her an equal. It was a strange and unsettling feeling, though he found himself growing more curious about her the more time he spent talking with her. The man was hardly much of a conversationalist and it was probably the longest and most insightful conversation he had engaged in over the last year at least. Initially, he had hoped to enjoy a peaceful nap on the way. Though it seemed they were now coming in on their destination. As they emerged from hyperspace, he sat up in the chair properly and stretched out. “Is that your way of saying you want to join my crew? I’ll show you some new experiences alright” he commented, grinning hungrily beneath the mask. “Though it seems like you’d perform better as a recruiter” he added, part of him hoping she would actually take him up on that. If not, she had still given him plenty of ideas of how he could gather the types of people that would serve him well.

The closer they got to the planet, the more composed and intense Akhoi seemed to be. Closing his eyes as she searched for a landing zone he sat with a rigid posture, hands on his thighs as he breathed deeply and let his aggression focus him and his ambition fill him with purpose and resolve. Even a man such as he meditated on his emotions in times of conflict, letting them empower him. One always had to be sharp and vigilant when touching down on a planet, be it new or familiar. In flight on her ship, he lacked control and so there was no point in worrying about anything. Now, his life was firmly back in his own hands and he would survive and find victory in this assignment. Every small step lead him towards his greater goals.

He would let Alex lead the way out of the ship, following closely behind her. As they exited the ship he inhaled deeply the humid air, filtered slightly through the mask. The jungles were lively, various species of birds could be seen flying about and after some initial quiet the chatter of various small animals and insects began to stir up again. Without saying a word, he reached up and sliced his left hand open on one of his horns, squeezing his bleeding hand and attempting to wipe it across the woman’s arm. “I’m no bounty hunter…but I know the best way to find a predator is to be the prey. Now go find some tracks or something” he commanded, doing so more to get a rise out of her than anything. He wanted her angry, he enjoyed the emotional outburst of others and he was sure that the Nezu would likely be drawn to commotion and dissent between the two of them as well.

Aes Sedai

Post by Aes Sedai »

Technically Alex didn't respond to Akhoi's offer, instead she simply snorted a laugh as she continued her work in landing the ship. It could have been taken as a refusal, a maybe, or a 'too distracted right now ask later'. With Alex, there was really no telling, tho her slight smirk made it clear that her ambiguity was intentional. She sighed to herself as they eventually stepped off the ship. The woman closed her eyes briefly, reaching out in the Force for a quick check of life in the area and of course of her lightsabers nestled in their hiding places in her boots. More and more she was thinking it was probably time to stop hiding them, and start keeping them within arm's reach.

Pushing the distracted thought aside, she suddenly flinched as Akhoi spread his blood across her arm and she leveled an even look at him. "And this is supposed to help how? Trying to make me bait or something?" she asked rather roughly, wrinkling up her nose in disgust before glancing out around them.

"The Nexu is typically predator rather than prey... but if we can find its prey we can find it." she remarked. "I'd prefer that approach to being prey, not sure you'll stop it before it actually tries to kill me." she added, smirking even as she gave a suspicious glare in Akhoi's direction. What she said wasn't false, she hardly trusted him to have her back in this situation.

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi »

The Sith acolyte reveled in the woman’s annoyance, truthfully, he had wanted to cut her, either with his horns or his claws. It would be more effective if she had a wound of her own. Though, marking her with his own blood brought about some sense of satisfaction. He simply shrugged, “One can hope” he admitted bluntly. He was bleeding too of course, and the pain brought a sense of clarity, mild as it was. He did not fear the Nexu though he was eager to challenge them and had to frequently keep himself in check through various means to maintain his focus.

He gestured an arm out in an exaggerated fashion as she suggested tracking its actual prey to home in on the predator's natural hunting grounds. “Whatever works, captain he agreed in a vaguely mocking tone. As she suggested he wouldn’t intervene if she was attacked, he grinned, exhaling an amused huff. “Surely you can handle yourself…and give me a good show while you’re at it” he fantasized, the idea of her fighting for her life and getting all bloodied up in the process was extremely enticing. He went quiet for a few moments and even through his mask and the lack of visible facial expressions it was clear that he was looking her over again and imagining her fighting for her life. His lust and passion were seeping from him in waves, rivaled only by his focused aggression, “Didn’t you say you killed a Rancor in the pits? You’ll have to show me that holotape…or I can find it on my own if you don’t make it” he teased, if she died he could also sell her ship. The idea was certainly appealing though he also enjoyed surprises and hoped he could get significantly more use out of her than simply an easy payday.

Aes Sedai

Post by Aes Sedai »

Alex rolled her eyes. "Well, you have two problems if I die." she remarked, tilting her head a bit as she smirked at him a moment. "First, you need a code to start up my ship, and you don't know it." she began. "Second, my partner who was a part of that massacre on your planet too would hunt you down personally. He's much more motivated when revenge is involved." she added, chuckling before turning her attention out to the land before them again.

She started leading the way away from her ship, and into the trees, pausing here and there to check for tracks and markings. When she thought she might have found something that could belong to possible prey, she pointed out the tracks to Akhoi but didn't say anything, not wanting to alert anything nearby.

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi »

Akhoi grumbled lowly in contemplation, "I'm a shit pilot anyway, seems you are useful after all" he admitted begrudgingly. A flash of anger flowed through him as he thought of the Nightbrothers that had been killed on Dathomir. "Your partner, what's he like?" He questioned as he watched the way Alex honed in on various markings. Perhaps he would benefit from learning some more essential skills. In combat he was unmatched back on Dathomir and he doubted even anyone from his homeworld of Iridonia could contend with his powerful grasp of the force and deadly lightsaber skills. But that didn't change the fact that he was very much inexperienced beyond combat.

The Sith Acolyte kept his hood up over his horns to conceal his natural predatory appearance. Though even still, there was an undeniable presence that he carried himself with. A natural connection to the dark side of the force that radiated danger and power. He would have to reign himself in as much as possible in order to lure out a Nexu. "I can sense the powerful life energy of this planet but I cant feel you at all" he stated suddenly. "What sort of talents have you discovered?" He spoke lowly, as eyes like molten lava peered through the acolytes' cold steel mask. He had momentarily tried to sense for specific lifeforms but it was still difficult for him to hone beyond feeling broad energies of life, though surely he should at least be able to feel the raw power of another force user in close proximity to him.