A search

A large expanse region, the Outer Rim Territories are lawless, ruled by criminal organizations and/or the Hutts. Notable worlds include Arkanis, Mon Cala, Kessel, Ryloth, Eriadu, Sullust, Geonosis, Mustafar, Crait, Nal Hutta, Cantonica, Hoth, Lothal, Dagobah, Endor, Nar Shaddaa, Florrum, Yavin 4, Saleucami, Scarif, Felucia, Dathomir, and Tatooine. Beyond the Outer Rim is rather unknown, and probably for the best.
Tsedas

A search

Post by Tsedas »

The light flooding the cockpit quickly died out as it gave way to a starry view of space along with a planet and it's nearby Moon. Looking out from the view port, the planet Mandalore was slowly being passed by as the small Sheathipede-class transport shuttle made it's way toward Concordia. The flight would have been uneventful if the sole living passenger of the flight hadn't been reaching out to every contact possible to find out that it was the most likely location to find his target. Shifting his gaze from behind his helmet, the masked individual looked to the droid that was piloting the vessel before shifting back towards the view of the moon. "Scan for possible settlements and landing spots. We'll try looking around until we find our man."

"Yes sir, commencing scans now." The droid reached a hand over, utilizing the nearby control panel to make use of the crude scanners the shuttle had at it's disposal. The masked man, in the meantime, closed his eyes and opened his sense, diving within himself before reaching out and feeling around. He wasn't sure if the girl from the broadcast was able to hide herself, but she might just be the key to finding this Dromand Trac if she is nearby. He was drawn from his searching of the planet before he could get a definite answer on the girl as the droid mentioned a suitable landing location. A holographic display projected an image of the landing site and the man frowned.

It was tents and some buildings. Hardly what he was hoping for, but still it would be a suitable start. "Get landing clearance if they even have a tower to monitor such things, then bring us down for a landing." Standing from his chair, the figure made his way toward the back as he left the cockpit. Coming to stand in the passenger cabin, he continued on until he found himself standing near the closed door that would lead out onto the loading ramp once they touched down.
From the camp, the sight of a shuttle approaching would draw eyes from the usual sounds of the forest moon as it skirted the tree line and spun in the air while descending towards the landing pad. Pincer-like landing gears lowered from the ship's curved belly before they clanked heavily down onto the landing pad. The rear loading hatch opened, the door splitting down the middle and shifting to both sides as a ramp began to extend outwards before tilting to angle itself and touch the landing pad. Emerging from the ship, a figure clad in white armor began to descend the ramp as the breeze shifted his cape, causing to flow slightly in the wind before settling behind him.

As he reached the bottom of the ramp, a pair of men approached garbed cloths suited for their forest rich environment. "Hold it, who are? What's your purpose here?" The first asked, both of them holding rifles but not doing so in an aggressive manner. Shifting his helmet and looking from one man to the next, his voice escaped the helmet through its vocal modifier. "I am Chrul. I am seeking a man named Dromand Trac. If he is not at this settlement, I will continue my search elsewhere."

TyDie

Re: A search

Post by TyDie »

It had been a few days since the two Mando'ad nomads had been inducted into Clan Bull, both of their brands were still a bit sore and tender from the act of initiation but overall they were healing nicely. Their day started as normal, with the two of them rising and training with their clan mates for a few hours before talking and making merry with those very same clan mates. They wouldn't remain planetside much longer, as Dromand was getting the itch to hunt again and the two would need a steady supply of credits to move on with their life. But as if on queue, while Dromand and Alex were at the bar with only a shot of Tihaar in each of them, One of their lookouts walked into the small building and set eyes on Dromand.

"Oi, Dromand. Someone's landed here, and he says he's looking for you. Goes by the name 'Chrul'. Sound familiar?" Dromand quirked his eye for a moment in surprise, looking to Alex to see if she knew anything. But it was quite clear that neither of them knew anyone like this. "Never heard of him. But if he knows me, he must know what I do. Seems strange to come seeking me out on Concordia though... whatever he needs must be big business. Come on, Verd'ika." Dromand would rise from the table they were using, throw back one last shot of Tihaar, then wipe his mouth with a grunt before walking out the door with Alex behind.

Dromand had taken to his normal attire, a sleeveless black shirt with gray pants and black boots. His cape was not on him at the moment, nor was his jumppack, but his saber hilt was dangling from straps along his chest that were usually used to hold his pack in place. It swung back and forth over Dromand's left pec as he walked towards the transport ship's landing site, and within moments the white armored figure came into view. He could see not a hint of skin, and thus had no idea what this person's race or gender was. But none of that mattered to him anyway; what mattered was his purpose here. "You were looking to see me?" He didn't give his name outright, but if this man knew where to find him in the first place, Dromand could assume he at least knew what he looked like.

He shot a glance to Alex from the corner of his eye and put himself ever so slightly in front of her. He wasn't sure exactly why, perhaps it was the lack of any form of facial expression from the man who wore a helmet, but he was uneasy about this 'Chrul'. And until he knew the purpose for his presence, he would continue to be protective of his adopted daughter.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=92 - Dromand Trac

Aes Sedai

Post by Aes Sedai »

Alex was feeling sore for more than just the fairly fresh brand on her back shoulder blade. The training she had been enduring had been beyond anything she'd gone through before, even at the academy. In spite of having her minimum Jedi training and lightsabers, she hadn't even been allowed to use them yet. So far Vrec and Dromand both had been intent on training her on hand-to-hand first. Though she had held her own well enough in her fight against Vrec before, she had done it through sheer panic and guess, there had been no strategy or tactic to it really and both men wanted her to change that. Though that same training had been slightly awkward as well. She had been assigned Doj as a partner, not just because he worked under Vrec's command but also because Dromand didn't trust Thronn not to cop a feel in the process. Truth be told, Alex didn't trust it either. But more than once she'd caught Doj staring at her a little too long in certain moments, or a hand lingering a second too long. So far she had brushed off the feelings as paranoia, but they never did sit with her right.

She was more than a little relieved when the training would finish and she'd get a chance to drink with Dromand and the rest. Her tolerance was improving quickly, and she could finally enjoy and even savor the taste of the Tihaar rather than coughing it down. She wasn't thrilled at the interruption, less so when Dromand admitted he didn't know the name. Sighing heavily she also down the last of her glass of Tihaar and followed Dromand, as he had commanded. Following his commands and instructions were slowly becoming second nature to her, more and more she treated him like her Ver'alor, her Lieutenant, than before. She walked with him in her standard sleeveless red shirt and black pants, with her boots and light sabers hidden within them. As always her pistol was on her lower back on her belt, and her vibroblade on her hip.

She saw the way Dromand shifted in front of her slightly, even as he spoke to the strange man. She didn't say anything about it, in spite of the fact that it bothered her a bit. 'I can handle myself still...' she thought to herself, sighing quietly as she waited to see what the man before them wanted. She fought the urge to sense the man out, choosing instead to simply observe the situation before her.

Tsedas

Post by Tsedas »

As Chrul waited, his eyes scanned the settlement, taking in it's rather simple appearance before his eyes fell upon the man he had come here to find. He let a smile tug at his mouth before the man approached, the girl following in short order. Indeed, he was happy to find his target in such quick order. "Indeed, I have a job for you..." His voice was altered by the helmets vocal unit as he started to approached Dromand slowly, his head visibly looking the man over.

Taking him in, Dromand would find himself to be slightly taller than the armored individual who promptly tilted their head and looked at Alex. A sound of intrigue escaped him and passed through the helmet as a thoughtful hum before he turned his attention back to the Mandalorian before him. "You have a reputation that has escaped my ears prior to the broadcast that spread through the Outer Rim. You and your young friend here put on an interesting display with light sabers. However it is you that I'm here to hire, if you bring her or any of these people with you, they come of their own will and take from your payment if the job is completed."

Raising a gauntlet covered hand, Chrul gestured to the light saber hilt that was hung from the man's chest strap. "But first, I'll need to see your skills with my own eyes before I give you the job. While your performance in a tournament was quite intriguing, it was a controlled setting. The wilds of the galaxy are much more unrelenting and I want to see how you fare in their arena first. Do that, and you shall prove yourself worthy to undertake my job. A job that will net you a fair amount of credits, of course the test will not be without it's own rewards, I promise you." Chrul said, dangling the incentive of rewards and credits in the air for Dromand to grasp at. While he didn't suspect the man shallow or so easily swayed by monetary gain, he knew that such things could make even the most chaste man become tempted.