Dancing at the Dainty Rancor

The most important worlds of the republic and hubs of the economy. Including planets such as the Republic capitol of Coruscant, ship manufacturing giant Corellia, Kuat, and Hosnian Prime.
Kitchit

Dancing at the Dainty Rancor

Post by Kitchit »

It felt odd being back on Coruscant, but the injured Jace, hand clutched on his stomach which had barley clotted made his way through the dumps of Coruscant underbelly, stumbling his way out of a lift as he made his way onto the concourse of level 66. Panting he dragged himself towards a building- the Dainty Rancor, bursting through the door and heading for a back table where a peculiar man- Zen'ral sat. The mandalorian armor clad man stumbled his way to the table in the far corner where a particularly interesting looking fellow sat only to slam a bloody puck and a holo tab on the table and say a few words- "you owe me big Zenny" before he collapsed on the ground of the club.

Blood loss was a bitch, but so was pulling off a near impossible bounty. Now I know what you're thinking. This is one of those things where the story starts at the end? And yeah- you're damn right.

Two weeks earlier.

A plane clothes Jace took a sip of his drink than leaned back in his booth letting out a heavy sigh, taking in the full sensory overload of the lights and sounds of the club. He wasn't one for these kinds of places but he was here on business. You see- two of the last guys from his mission had stolen his ship and a bounty hunter and gun for hire with no ship was a bounty hunter with no job... so he was desperate to turn enough credits to get a ride... the green skinned man's eyes darted around the room. He had given his blasters up at the door and damn did it make him feel naked.

zasadel

Re: Dancing at the Dainty Rancor

Post by zasadel »

Zen'ral's fingers danced along his Wroshyr engraved desk, a gift from a pair of carpenter wookies who were most thankful for assistance in helping free them of Trandoshan slavers. Not that Zen'ral would ever charge to deal with scum like the Trandoshan clans, but, the gesture was most appreciated.

What caught Zen'rals mind from his office was the Mirialan male sitting most uncomfortably in the crowd of many faces. What stood out to him wasn't his race, nor his uncomfortable demeanor. Oh no, what got Zen'rals interest was the smell of desperation, the look of someone in need. Someone willing to risk it all.

Clicking his comlink to his security he questioned his entry bouncers. "Mirialan male, younger, entered approximately 26 minutes ago. Back left of the club, away from the door, back facing the wall. Was he armed?"

"To the teeth sir."

Excellent.

"That will be all, I'll be making a club round, please station two guards near section 12 to keep an eye on him."

"Yes sir." his security staff replied. A rather gruff, massive wookie clambered over a bit, greeting guests while a smaller rodian got a bit closer to the Mirialan.

Zen'ral excited his office to the thumping of the DH blasting his music. Women of all varieties danced on tables, poles, and whatever they felt like. It was no secret The Dainty Rancor was a place for debauchery and entertainment, but Zen'ral always kept it within Coruscant legality..mostly. A few bribes help sort out the patrolmen of 666 and he was mostly left to profit.

A few drinks landed at various tables, a few cheers, a couple of interesting proposition or three, and he finally arrived at his true destination. He slid into the booth with the Mirialan, a clever but mischievious smile dancing across his furry grin. "Hello there good sir! On behalf of the Dainty Rancor, welcome!" he applauded, managing to speak fluently over the blaring music. "Might I buy you a drink? It sounds like you're on the down and out and could use a...friend. Perhaps for business and a pleasure of your choosing? " Zen'ral finished, doubling the order and a custom order to the kitchen for a Mirialan delicacy.

Kitchit

Re: Dancing at the Dainty Rancor

Post by Kitchit »

Jace's eyes shift uncomfortably around the room. For a "bounty hunter" and "drifter" who had been planet to planet picking up odd jobs since his expulsion from the academy, he still seemed to have an oddly high sense of morality that made things the dancers and scum of the underbelly... repulsive enough to cause him to be uncomfortable... to say the least. Regardless, he had heard that this place had a patron who was quite honorable and he needed a job that wouldn't go south this time.

The past two jobs he did left him empty handed, after all.

Not too much time had passed before finally a figure came scrambling through the room to his edge of it, sliding in the booth next to him. The man was quite furry and in honesty Jace wasn't quite sure if he was a beast or man- but then again that was pretty normal for bothans. Given his own intel, he was quite sure this was the guy he had needed to talk too... and didn't doubt that guy had seen him coming before he even entered the place.

Jace cleared his throat, attempting to sound a bit more mature and authoritative.

"Drink sure, favor no need, business? All ears. I think you're the guy my sources told me about..." he said as his hand nervously tapped the table.

"I'm a good pilot and a better shot- and I need a big job but there's a catch, I ain't got no ship or crew." he said deciding it was best to open with... the truth. Bothans were legendary at spying and all things related to intelligence so Jace figured starting out with a lie or false confidence wouldn't garner much respect from the man before him.